Verrado Golf Club - Founders Course
Buckeye, Arizona | 18 holes | Desert | Par: 72 | 7258 yards
John Fought and Tom Lehman collaborated on the course at Verrado Golf Club, a voluptuous design that meanders through the old Caterpillar bulldozer proving grounds. It's up and down for 18 holes and that doesn't mean "chip and a putt."
John Fought and Tom Lehman collaborated on the course at Verrado Golf Club, a voluptuous design that meanders through the old Caterpillar bulldozer proving grounds. It's up and down for 18 holes and that doesn't mean "chip and a putt." The course is good test with chances to score and a handful of memorable and scenic holes.
Where Verrado Golf Course will eat you alive is in the bunkers. Some bunkers are hard to carry, others collect wayward shots. But the fairways are wide enough to avoid trouble, and what appears to be the safe shot off the tee will often bring greenside bunkers more into play. So pick your poison.
While the back nine is far superior to the front, going out still has its fair share of memorable holes. A huge boulder 30 feet tall on the par-4 eighth jets out from the left side around which the fairway shapes itself. A perfect line from the tee box is to take the ball five yards right off its edge, but hitting the boulder is certain death by desert. The boulder was scheduled to crumble via dynamite, but stood up to the TNT and was deemed an immoveable object. Open and playable for all skill levels, the Verrado Golf Club is a sublime experience.
Par, yardages and course ratings
At same facility
- You can see for miles -- literally -- at Raven Golf Club at Verrado just west of Phoenix, Arizona
- Raven Golf Club at Verrado in Buckeye, Arizona: Well worth the drive from Scottsdale
- Out-of-the-way Raven Golf Club at Verrado rewards West Valley day-trippers
- The Raven at Verrado gives desert golf a shot in the arm
At a glance
- Holes: 18
- Designed by: John Fought, Tom Lehman
- Type: Public
- Style: Desert
- Built in: 2004
- Golf Season: Year round
- Visitor Policy: Open
- Tee times welcomed: Search tee times
- Driving range: Yes
- Putting green: Yes
- Teaching pro: Yes
- Golf school / golf academy: Yes
- Pro: Yes
- Rental clubs: Yes
- Rental carts: Yes
- Pull carts: No
- Week days: $29 - $129
- Weekends: $29 - $129 Tee times from $21 - Check prices / availability
Buckeye, Arizona 85396